Peking-Paris 2007

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
pekingparis

Post by pekingparis »

Ok, a short update from the boys and their girlfriend :wink:

The last days are long. Rusland looks like the Belgique Ardennes, this is with a lot of hills and trees. But also with large grasslands.
The roads are with a lot of holes and bumps. Theirfore they have to be carefull. Because of this they had a lot of flat tyres.
So they try to fix these tyres but in some way a few hours later it is flat again. When they where out of spare tires they even used an tyre of a moterbike from a russion motorcycle gang. Will sat behind one of those man with a motorwheel between them and so drove trough town. It got late but the next day they have to use this one and it got them trough the race that day.

Today they get to Moscow and than they have a restday. Where there are a lot of spareparts waiting to get the Singer in a good shape again.

Greets Helga
pekingparis

Post by pekingparis »

a thing you like to hear I think:

Today they got the 6th time at the race circuit at Riga, only one Bentley was fasther, all the other cars where at least 200 pk (horse-power)
All the other trials they score also in the top

Helga
pekingparis

Post by pekingparis »

Yesterday they broke a half shaft :? The motor was running but the car didn't move an inch. They got a spare so probably they're on the road today again. Tomorrow it's a restday :)

Can you believe that this lady was on the road after a goodnight sleep!
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

great picture of a work of art...

Very impressive how reliable the car has been so far and also impressive how prepared they were and how they have kept going.

Sure show how reliable that little Singer can be in harsh conditions.

Its enthused me into going into my garage and working on my LM that is for sure.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

Well Done !!!

They did it, they finished ! and finished quite well also.

Extremely impressive for the little car, I remember helping set up the 1.5Litre that was initially going to be in the race and since I have both cars in my garage, I was just shocked that the little LM would hold up compared to the bigger car.

WOW !!! Congratulations !!! Super impressive, I can't say enough how impressed I am...
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
pekingparis

Post by pekingparis »

They sure did it!

At the gala-diner they even got a price, a cup for best Grit or best grid?

It was because the organisation never thought that they would make it to the finish.... :lol: Everyone at the homefront never doubted that and them :wink: