Singer fuel can

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
Senior man
First Name: Phil

Singer fuel can

Post by Senior man »

I have an original Singer runningboard fuel can on my 1928 Singer Senior.I wondered if anyone could tell me the proper color for it.Cheers Phil.
Attachments
007.JPG
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Re: Singer fuel can

Post by mikeyr »

I have never even seen the car, much less the fuel can but thought I would say thanks for posting the pictures of the car...gorgeous car.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
Senior man
First Name: Phil

Re: Singer fuel can

Post by Senior man »

Thanks Mike. The car was bodied by M.S.Brookings in Perth Western Australia and sold new to a country owner at Narembeen.I actually know a guy from that region who can remember seeing it around back in the 1930s.It was left derelict on a farm and passed through a number of owners before being restored some years back.I have owned it for about 11 years and am in the process of getting it re registered.Biggest problem is the original speedo was lost years back but I will probably fit a retro style GPS speedo.It has a dickey seat in the back and is apparently a pretty rare car,especially with this body style.Cheers Phil.