NEW HEAD GASKETS FOR 972cc ENGINES

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
cdk84
First Name: David

NEW HEAD GASKETS FOR 972cc ENGINES

Post by cdk84 »

Hi PreWar Owners,

Writing to learn how many people would PURCHASE replacement head gaskets, were we to have them made.

Phillip Avis has provided a sample gasket, reported to have been successfully test fit. To make this endeavor financially workable, we need to know how many committed buyers there are.

We are going to have exact, water-jet cut copies made in solid copper, which is well suited to our specific application.

I will purchase at least two. The other sponsor wants at least two, possibly three. To break even we need to order at least ten gaskets. Price is Estimated to be between $105 and $120 apiece, dependent upon the number made. Estimated time of availability, at present, is early summer. Only actual packing and post charges will be charged; no profit would be made on this project.

Please weigh in on this. At present we have at least five gaskets committed for purchase, and this is already half way to making the order viable. Let us know your needs so we can proceed.

Thanks very much,

David Kellogg