Advice on UK firms for seat restoration.

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
ColinB
First Name: Colin

Advice on UK firms for seat restoration.

Post by ColinB »

I've posted this separately from my restoration thread to try and get maximum feedback. My Junior Tourer seats are structurally complete but the soft furnishing/sprung element is more or less completely destroyed. Can anyone advise me on coach trimmers who would take on this restoration, preferably in East Anglia or the East Midlands?
8 Seats (1024x682).jpg
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Re: Advice on UK firms for seat restoration.

Post by mikeyr »

cant help, but I am in the same boat for S. Calif.

Lots of shops want to do it for way too much money, I used to have a guy that was retired and worked in his garage slowly but inexpensively...he is gone now and I need to find another.
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
ColinB

Post by ColinB »

I have been given the name of Brockwells Car Trimmers in Kings Lynn by a friend with a variety of classic cars. He highly recommends them so I'll give it a go, especially as they are so close to where I live!
ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Brockwells did a great job and were quick and reasonably priced. Recommended if you are in East Anglia.