1930s Singer sports cars - book

For now, I lumped all the pre-war cars together, I would LOVE for there to be enough demand to split it into groups (hint...hint, post here about your pre-war Singer)
davida
First Name: david

1930s Singer sports cars - book

Post by davida »

The 1930s Singer Sports Cars
Identification and Restoration

by Dave Hardwick and David Andreassen

An A4 size book of 273 pages with 157 colour images and 161 black and white images.
A must for Singer sports car owners and those interested in classic cars.

There are four main sections – Identification of models, Restoration, the Singer on the road, and Review of books.
The Singer sports cars made an impact in events from the time they went on sale. The company supported teams in trials and races until the catastrophe at the Ards TT race in 1935 with the special Works Team 9hp cars. Before and after that 9hp and 1½ litre sports cars in private hands achieved many successes.
Much of the material about Singer sports cars of the 1930s published in motoring books is inaccurate and confusing. Some of the pictures they show have wrong captions, the engine outputs are wrong, and the performances quoted are often for the wrong models.

This book is intended to provide the correct identification of the models of sports cars that were produced by the Singer Company during the 1930s and to give a guide to the restoration of the cars.

Some of the successes of Singer sports cars are given along with views by contemporary drivers about the cars.
Also included in this book is a review of fifteen motoring books that have sections on the Singer sports cars. Their erroneous statements are indicated and comments made.

The price for the book is $A 70 plus P&P

• For purchases within the UK, contact Dave Hardwick Spares at 41 High Street, Skellingthorpe, Lincoln, England LN6 TS.

• For purchases in the rest of world contact David Andreassen at “dav123@ virginbroadband.com.au”
cdk84
First Name: David

Re: 1930s Singer sports cars - book

Post by cdk84 »

Hi David A,

Thanks for this posting.

How do I arrange to purchase a copy?

Best Wishes,

David
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

Post by mikeyr »

me too, I plan on buying one of these books maybe a group shipping to US ?
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
mikeyr
Site Admin

Post by mikeyr »

I purchased both books a few weeks ago and they arrived this week. 1930s Singer Sports Cars AND Singer car data book.

I am shocked at how much incredible information is in these 2 books and I will easily recommend them to ANY Singer owner.

These 2 books should be required reading for ALL pre-war Singer owners, there is some post-war information also but this is a gold mine of pre-war information

I would go so far as to say these should be required prior to being allowed to buy a pre-war Singer.
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
cdk84
First Name: David

Post by cdk84 »

Hello again, Mike,

I am also interested in buying these books, and would really like to arrange a group purchase to save on the very high postage costs.

You can contact me at Babadawv at gmail dot c o m

Thanks. Look forward to your response.

Best Wishes,

David
mikeyr
Site Admin

Post by mikeyr »

Unfortunately, I waited since June of last year to get a group together and it never happened. I had no idea these books were that informative or I would have bought them last year. I am willing to be the go between guy to get a group together and save on shipping but I think you just have to pay the shipping if you want the books anytime soon as there was no interest last year.
davida
First Name: david

Post by davida »

Potential purchasers should be aware that the Aus dollar has fallen more than 20% against the US dollar So the book and postage is cheaper than it was