The Restoration of US 8155

The restoration of my cars or just miscellaneous ramblings of mine.
mikeyr
Site Admin
First Name: Mike

The Restoration of US 8155

Post by mikeyr »

Well it happened yesterday :)

I finally moved my 1934 Singer 1.5 Litre off the lift when it has spent the last 7 years and into the middle of the garage so that I can pull the motor. I can't believe its been 7 1/2 years since I purchased that car and I have never touched it, I did not want to have 2 cars apart at the same time but progress on my Le Mans has been slow and I want to get a car on the road so I can sell my 4AD

The Le Mans has been relegated to under another car on the lift for a while.

The plan is to pull the motor and send it back to the mother land that it left in the summer of 1936. When it comes back, I will have a pre-war Singer on the road.

Front end is shot (much worse than I expected), brakes are shot, so I have my work cut out for me while the motor is out.

Pictures to follow soon :)

Stories to follow soon :)

So stay tuned to this Singer-Channel, Same Singer time soon :)
Mike Rambour. Site Administrator
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
mikeyr
Site Admin

Post by mikeyr »

How many of you here remember this article about Space being the "final frontier" when restoring a car ?

Well its hit me hard, here I am piled up with 3 cars and huge pile of tools in a 2 car garage, the addition that I built a decade ago is filled with the big tools and working on the 1.5 takes me a half hour to move things around and I have to plan on a half hour to put things back when I am done, its no fun.

But never fear, details of the restoration are coming. I promised pictures and they are coming.

I am however experimenting with other software to do with and also re-setting up the web cam that once was in the garage so you can see the work "live" again.
1953 Singer 4ADT (sold), 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans, 1934 Singer 1 1/2 4-Seater Sports (sold), 2009 BMW K1300GT
mikeyr
Site Admin

Post by mikeyr »

Progress, I have made great progress on the server side of things, web cam will be up by the time I start working on the car. Also, made space in the garage with a storage shed outside...space really is the final frontier.

Patience, its all coming together and this thread will come alive.
mikeyr
Site Admin

Re: The Restoration of US 8155

Post by mikeyr »

Well this thread is going, going, gone...

Sorry, but with a very large unexpected hit on the finances and a death in the family, this car goes back onto the lift until I can afford to do the motor work correctly, I won't skimp on the quality with this car (ok, I never do) and my Le Mans is at a financial point where I can continue to work on it. Did not mean to get anyone's hopes up...life (and death) got in the way.